Tuesday, October 5, 2010

The creation of future blogger extraordinaire

The day, time and date were marked as earlier stated. October 5th, 2010, sometime between 12.00 and 12.30 a.m. That was the historical moment that I had created.
After typing up my first blog post, I came up with a name after several failed attempts, read 'name not available.' Here were my first two options;
  1. reDflections- played around with the name reflections and my name, rather nickname, Ed. Turns out someone else had thought about it before I did.
  2. Kenyanne- came from trying to feminize the word Kenyan to refer to a Kenyan female, hence Kenyanne. Again, I wasn't the only one with this bright idea.
Don't you just hate it when you find out that someone came up with an idea like yours way before you did? Especially after taking a while to come up with the idea and considering your idea cool. I came up with 'unsaidbutwritten' on a whim and I'm surprised that no one had thought of it before. Seriously, it does not sound that original to me. It will do for now. I might have to take a 'how cool is my blog name?' poll soon. If the results are negative, please bear with the name change.
Next, came the 'choose a template' template option. Sometimes, I don't like it when people give me options. I take ages to make a decision and even when I do, I keep thinking I should have gone with that other one or that other-other one. I think I may be pathologically indecisive if there's anything like that.
I chose the 'watermark' template by Josh Peterson, who seemed to have come up with a good number of the templates. I wonder if that's what he does for a living. Maybe he….it will be good for us if I state at this point of our blogger-bloggee relationship that I digress a lot. 
That was all in regards to creation of this blog. So far I've blogged about blogging. I'm still unsure about what I'll blog about. Is it selfish to blog about myself? I mean my thoughts? Isn't that the essence of blogging? I'm not sure. There are endless possibilities. I could blog about blogging, staplers, the human condition, printing paper…ok now I'm just mentioning stuff that's around me. I think I'll just blog about what's unsaid but is written as my title suggests. The endless possibilities should fit somewhere in these parameters.

No comments:

Post a Comment